On 2016-05-10 15:26, Randal Hale wrote:
 I would say the only thing I noticed is QGIS flashes that small
warning at the bottom that 2.14.2 has been released. Which isn't a bug
- just  warning of a new release.

Packaging for QGIS 2.14.2 is available in the Debian GIS git repository, and includes a change to disable the new version check.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/qgis.git/commit/?id=8f2b5e3a924f75aa69b6fcc335282d1403fb45d8

This change has not been forwarded for inclusion in the upstream QGIS packaging, because I expect them not to want that change.

The transition to GDAL 2.1.0 in Debian is starting today, so it will be included in Ubuntu yaketty soon too along with QGIS 2.14.2 which will be uploaded as part of the transition in Debian.

Kind Regards,

Bas