On 2016-12-07 11:11, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
The above also affects the mapservers packages in the UbuntuGIS PPAs.

I've updated the mapserver package to 7.0.3 for xenial & trusty in
ubuntugis-unstable already, these still need to be copied to -testing &
-stable though.

What about the packages in universe? I have some time to update those
tomorrow - I just want to avoid doing double work so checking if you
started working on that.

Ideally those should be fixed too. The packages in need of an update are listed in the Ubuntu Security Tracker:

https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2016/CVE-2016-9839.html

If you want to prepare those updates, please do. You can use the patch from the wheezy package for precise, the patch from the jessie package for trusty, and will need to extract the patch from git for mapserver 7.0 in xenial & yakkety. zesty should get fixed automatically when they sync 7.0.3 from unstable.

Kind Regards,

Bas