Moving around between countries in Europe (UK <-> Belgium <-> France <->
Germany <-> Switzerland <-> Austria), I get all sorts of weird results
for locales when I change the timezone from UK to anything else and back
again.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Studio Bugs, which is subscribed to kde-runtime in Ubuntu.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu Studio Bugs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1322968

Title:
  Changing country leads to invalid locale

Status in kde-runtime package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  New installation of Kubuntu 14.04 and upgraded via kubuntu-ppa.
  Initially, country is set to "United States". The locale settings are
  the following:

  ~/.kde/env$ cat setlocale.sh 
  export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LANGUAGE=en:el:en 
  export LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LC_NAME=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LC_ADDRESS=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LC_TELEPHONE=en_US.UTF-8 
  export LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 

  Then, I change Country to Greece, via System Settings. Locale changes
  as follows:

  export LANG=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LANGUAGE=en:el:en 
  export LC_NUMERIC=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_TIME=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_MONETARY=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_PAPER=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_NAME=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_ADDRESS=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_TELEPHONE=en_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_MEASUREMENT=en_GR.UTF-8 

  As far as I know, en_GR.UTF-8 is not a valid entry. A severe loss of
  functionality is that accents cannot be set properly to greek vowels.
  Changing manually setlocale.sh to:

  export LANG=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LANGUAGE=en:el:en 
  export LC_NUMERIC=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_TIME=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_MONETARY=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_PAPER=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_IDENTIFICATION=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_NAME=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_ADDRESS=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_TELEPHONE=el_GR.UTF-8 
  export LC_MEASUREMENT=el_GR.UTF-8 

  solves the issue.

  
  My version:

  Qt: 4.8.6
  KDE Development Platform: 4.13.1
  KDE Daemon: 4.13.1

  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID: Ubuntu
  Description:    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
  Release:        14.04
  Codename:       trusty

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde-runtime/+bug/1322968/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-bugs
Post to     : ubuntustudio-bugs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-bugs
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to