Not so fast. After more testing, the problem seems only intermittently fixed. I can recreate the problem, but then when I click off the popdown listbox for font sizes, switch from DejaVu Sans to FreeSans, and try again, the problem is resolved for FreeSans, then, oddly, when I go back to DejaVu Sans, the problem randomly either goes away or comes back again. It's very bizarre!
-- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Studio Bugs, which is subscribed to inkscape in Ubuntu. Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu Studio Bugs https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1633935 Title: Inkscape freezes when selecting font Status in inkscape package in Ubuntu: New Bug description: If you perform the following steps, Inkscape freezes. It's a showstopper of using Inkscape at all with fonts. 1. Launch Inkscape. 2. On the new document, click the A on the left toolbar to create a new textbox. 3. Drag a marquee in your document for the size of your textbox. 4. Type the text "This is a test" and then choose Select All to select it all. 5. Click the T in the top toolbar to open the Text and Font control panel. 6. Choose DejaVu Sans. 7. Put another window on top of the current window, such as switch to a web browser. 8. Come back to Inkscape -- it won't repaint the window because it's frozen. Alternatively, you can also recreate the bug this way too: 1. Launch Inkscape. 2. On the new document, click the A on the left toolbar to create a new textbox. 3. Drag a marquee in your document for the size of your textbox. 4. Type the text "This is a test" and then choose Select All to select it all. 5. Click the T in the top toolbar to open the Text and Font control panel. 6. Choose DejaVu Sans. 7. Set the font size to 48 from the Font Size: selector on that control panel. You'll notice that the dropdown occurs, when you select it, Inkscape freezes. Note that I'm running Inkscape 0.91 on Lubuntu Desktop 16.04 inside Oracle Virtualbox version 5.0.26 r108824 on a Mac Air 13" running OSX 10.12 (Sierra) and have loaded the Virtualbox extensions. Note that I also tried the following things to see if they fixed the problem: - full apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; apt-get dist-upgrade, reboot, and tried that again - apt purge fonts-noto-cjk - tried briefly the latest stable PPA of Inkscape from Inkscape.org in my apt, and upgrade to the latest Inkscape -- that failed, so I did a purge remove of that version of inkscape, removed the PPA, redid my apt-get update, and installed the version that comes with Ubuntu 16.04 (Inkscape 0.91). - unset GTK_IM_MODULE && inkscape All failed to show any fix. All failed to show any different result. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/inkscape/+bug/1633935/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-bugs Post to : email@example.com Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-bugs More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp