Thanks for inviting us, Todd.  Everyone at our table seemed to be having a
good time.

Here's a brief recap:

Ran, Ben, and I played Volt as a warmup while waiting for others to arrive
(and to avoid joining the game of Fluxx going on at the other table).
Volt is a scaled down version of Roborally where the key skill is
outguessing your opponents (a skill I was lacking).  But it was a fun way
to start things off.

A group of three people sat down next to us, randomly chose a game off the
shelves, and started reading the rules.  We were able to convince them they
would have a better time playing a six-player game of Coup with us.
Spencer, Mikayl, and Missy enthsiastically embraced the game.  Playing a
bluffing game with complete strangers was so much fun we did it again and
again.

After a few games of Coup we "advanced" the one of my favorite bluffing
(lying) games, The Resistance (we played the Avalon version using the
Merlin card).  Dave and Hannah joined in so we had a very healthy 8 player
game.  Though my side lost both times, it was great fun.  Afterwards I
heard a couple of them express an interest of buying their own copy of
Avalon.

I was glad I came and would come again.  I do worry if popularity increases
too much, we would quickly exceed capacity but there are worse problems I
suppose.