Greetings all!

It is possible someone in this group doesn't know about Salt Con. I'd like
to suggest you learn about it, because it is something you might very well
like to attend. In short, it is a pretty good size gaming convention, an
hour-or-so drive away from Utah County, in early March.

Humbly submitted for your consideration ... http://saltcon.com/

I attended SaltCon last year, and had a great time. You will find lots of
games, and lots of gamers (not unlike yourself) looking for people to play
games with them. There is a large library of good games you can check out,
so you can check them out, and play them! There are lots of people on hand
willing to teach games if you'd like help. The gaming spaces are open 24
hours, for the young and/or durable. There will be lots of vendors booths,
demoing and selling games. There will be contests ( I don't know much about
those). Last year, on Saturday evening they gave away games. I didn't
count, but I'm sure it was over 100, and perhaps near 200. (This in
addition to the little freebie games everyone who bought a membership got).

My favorite part was the no-shipping math trade that occurred at Salt Con.
I traded several games I was no longer interested in playing, for several
games I wanted to give a try! If you don't know about math trades, you can
read about them on boardgamegeek, and probably a number of other places as
well. (Note that the math trade finishes before the convention; the
convention is just where we drop off the games we trade, and pickup those
we got in return)

Perhaps I'll see you there, I'm going again this year.

Mark