Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
>> I think that when nptl merge will be completed, we could use something
>> like that:
>>
>> #if defined USE_TLS || defined __FDPIC__
>> #define HASH_EXTRA_TPNT
>> #else
>> #undef HASH_EXTRA_TPNT
>> #endif
>>
>> and use it in _dl_find_hash wrapper.
>
> I'd much rather get rid of the ifdeffery and just always add the extra
> parameter to _dl_lookup_hash.

Indeed the only side effect would be wasting one work of stack space
and some few instructions to setup the stack with one more arguments
ill all other archs not requiring it.
If this is an acceptable compromise, we can easily go back to older name
_dl_find_hash and remove the _dl_lookup_hash wrapper.

Please note that the wrapper has been added keeping in mind that only two
archs (mips ans sh4), at that time, were requiring to have the extra tnpt
parameters. Now we have bfin (and then ARM-nptl), so four archs.

We can re'-open tis discussion later, and eventually get rid of nested ifdef.

Cheers,
Carmelo