Lane Brooks wrote:
> I found my problem.  It was stale binaries did not get installed correctly.
>
> Lane

Hi,
please note that the current status of locale support is not fully completed.
We at ST have a whole Linux distro build against uclibc with locale enabled
comprising almost 500 packages (Xorg, glib2... see the whole list at
ftp://ftp.stlinux.com/pub/stlinux/2.3/STLinux/sh4_uclibc).

We are running some locale specific tests for 8bit locale and found
some bugs into locale code we'll release hopefully to the community soon,
but the support is generally working.

Note that multi-byte locale support is only for UTF8 (we did not yet test it
fully).

uclibc doesn't provide gettext functions (if you need it, you can build the
gettext
libraries and link your apps against libintl a we actually did)

Hope to be helpful.
Cheers,
Carmelo