On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> Vikas TM wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Please help me to find answers for following questions
> >
> > 1. What version of uClibc supports gettext functionality?
>
> none
> If you want to add this support into uCLibc will be appreciated.
> Otherwise you may build gettext libraries against uClibc and then
> explicitly link against libintl your applications requiring gettext
> functions.
>
> > 2. Can I use mixture of both GLIBC and UCLIBC libraries in same
> > environment? If so, should I need to do any special configuration
> > setting?
>
> yes, search the list, there is a my post where I suggested how to use
> --dynamic-linker option
> for this purpose. And I remember some other suggested a link to to an
> wrapper/tools
> aimed to do this, likely better ... but I forgot the details.

i'll reply here rather than the one you refer to (as that one is from mid-2006
and i doubt many people here have that in their mail still)

there's no need to fiddle with dynamic linker if you have a properly
configured toolchain.  merely configure your uClibc's PREFIX (RUNTIME and
DEVEL) to something like /fooie/uClibc and leave the ldso in /lib/ where the
toolchain expects it.  uClibc's ldso will do the rest.

i wouldnt attempt to get glibc to go anywhere else other than the
standard /lib/ as glibc isnt exactly configurable.

in terms of filenames, the only one that would actually clash on the
filesystem is libpthread.so.0 ... otherwise, you could have glibc and uclibc
both living in /lib/ ... but unless you really know what you're doing, this
is probably a bad idea :P
-mike