I am seeing what Nigel saw in the thread of the same name.

I am running on mips.
Basically after the ldso loads everything it goes and tries to run the init function with DL_CALL_FUNC_AT_ADDR().

First time it runs __GI___uClibc_init which is in libc.so.0
Second time it points to something called _init which appears to be in the .init section of libz.so.1
It crashes in there. From what I see it looks like a bad address in the GOT.

If I run the same program again. It does not crash. And everytime after that it does not crash.
Weird....

Then another application, which uses other libs, has the same problem. 1st time it crashes during init. 2nd time and ever after it runs fine.

I never did see if Nigel found a fix. I am using the
LINUXTHREADS_OLD=y
PTHREADS_DEBUG_SUPPORT=y

I've tried both 0.29 and 0.30.

Any thoughts ?