On Tuesday 13 November 2012 06:31:09 Markos Chandras wrote:
> The following patches prefer the old system call if both syscalls are
> present. For example, if __NR_open and __NR_openat are defined, then
> open() will use the __NR_open syscall. If the __NR_open syscall is not
> defined, then open() will use __NR_openat internally. This way we "protect"
> existing architectures and preserve old behavior.

a semi-quick scan shows that you're missing hidden symbol aliases

for example, in your chmod change, you call fchmodat (which is fine), but
there's no addition of libc_hidden_{proto,def} for fchmodat.

to check for this, you can run `readelf -r` on the libc.so file and look at all
the function relocs.  the only ones in that list you should see are malloc
related (malloc/free/calloc/etc...).  if you see other symbols, they're most
likely missing the libc_hidden stuff.
-mike