Hello

Il 14 ottobre 2013 18:43:34 "Steve Ellcey " <sell...@mips.com> ha scritto:

I am new to building uclibc, but have experience building glibc and newlib,
and I have a question about the best way to build multiple versions of uclibc
from a script without any user interaction.

Currently, I run 'make defconfig' to create a default .config file and then

This will assume the arch of the host ... I doubt it will work for MIPS. Pass proper arch and cross prefix.

use grep to modify the .config file before each build (strip out some lines
and then append my versions back in).  I.e. I remove the ARCH_BIG_ENDIAN=y
line and then add in a ARCH_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y line. to change from big-endian
to little-endian or I may pick a different MIPS ABI.  But what I noticed is
that when I run the normal 'make' command after modifying .config is that my
.config changes are getting wiped out and .config is getting restored to a
default state.

Because your changes are not in sync with the build system.
Try applying them by menuconfig and than check your final .config.

Can someone explain why this is happening and if there is a way to prevent
it?  Is there a better way to do multiple uclibc builds with different
defaults and without requiring any user interaction?

Steve Ellcey
sell...@mips.com

Regards
Carmelo