Hi Martin,

Martin Voss wrote:
When looking at the uCLinux-dist shipped with M5208EVB the ”page_offset.h” was not changed to reflect that SDRAM start adress is 0x40020000. This was fixed for more than a year ago with a small patch from Greg. What is the consequence of using a value of 0x0 on PAGE_OFFSET_RAW instead of the correct value? How severe is this? Sideeffects?

I seem to recall the only side effect was that the kernel
allocated a very large memory page table (effectively from
address 0 through 0x42000000 - instead of 0x40020000 through
0x42000000). This meant that the startup RAM usage was very high,
something like 10MB used on startup. I don't think there was
any other problematic side effects.

Regards
Greg