Hello,

I'm trying to port uclinux 2.6.x on dev. board based on ARM946-E-S. (I use
uClinux-dist 20070130)

I would like to have kernel and ROMfs entirely in RAM but it seems to be
impossible on ARM architecture.

On uclinux 2.4 version a switch (CONFIG_RAM_ATTACHED_ROMFS) can be used to
do this.

Does an equivalent exist in 2.6 version ?

I tried to use CONFIG_MTD_UCLINUX_EBSS (after having defined _ebss symbol in
the end of kernel) but it doesn't solve problem (because RAM where is stored
ROMfs is used by uclinux), so a patch is needed to reserve ROMfs memory

Do you know another solution to put ROMfs at the end of kernel ?

Thanks a lot !

Best regards,

Mickael.