Hi Yannick,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
i am looking to have a kernel that is preemptible. I use a
Coldfire 5271, so it is in the family m68knommu.
I search the CONFIG_PREEMPT option in the kernel and did not
found it. So i take a look in the code, and i don't find
anything for the m68knommu.

As far as I know noone has added this yet for m68knommu.
Should be nice to have it added :-)

Regards
Greg

i search on different architectur, so i found that nios2 or
m68k have something in it to take care of the CONFIG_PREEMPT
define.
Is the work difficult to port the preemptible kernel from
m68k to m68knommu ?

Has someone a patch for the m68knommu arch so my kernel is
preemtible ?

My application need to respond quickly on some interruption,
but i can't do the application in a driver.
Is there another solution that have a preemptible kernel to
achieve the aim ?

I was thinking about calling schedule() in the interrupt
hanlder, but it seem very bad ?
But how can the scheduler be called just after the
interruption ?
Thank for all help and information

Yannick

------------------------ ALICE C'EST ENCORE MIEUX AVEC CANAL+ LE BOUQUET !