Hi people,

I'm trying to build the scull module example from Chapter 3 of Linux Device
Drivers book and it's not working. I create a /dev/scull0 (with fixed major
number, which is also configured on the module source) but when I stand up
the module and try something like "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/scull0" it gives
a message "dd: /dev/scull0: No such device".  According to the book a "cat
/proc/devices" should show the scull device when the module is up but
nothing about scull is there, nothing changes on /proc/devices with or
without the module loaded.

So the main question is: dynamic module loading works perfectly on a
read-only filesystem on uClinux ?

If this is not the best place to this kind of question, please tell me where
I can send this doubt. ;)

Thanks in advance, Josue.