I have a problem with some scripts I'd like running in the background.

The problem is when I start them from the rc script, they often don't do what they're supposed to (in this case, create a ppp connection by calling a modem). If I start them in the "profile" script (or directly from the prompt) they work fine. However starting stuff in the profile won't work since they are run every time someone logs on to the machine :(

Is there some other place I can start background scripts?

/Jocke

This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway.