Hi Philip,

On 26/11/10 03:32, Philip Nye wrote:
On 25/11/2010 16:46, Philip Nye wrote:
Further info on this:

On 25/11/2010 15:30, Philip Nye wrote:
I'm getting a slub crash when loading a module:

"BUG: failure at .../mm/slub.c:2771/kfree()!"

The test at this location is BUG_ON(!PageCompound(page));

This seems to occur when the kernel tries to dump my modules init
function -
if I don't mark the function __init the crash doesn't happen.

Well it didn't before, but now I've put more code in and the module is
bigger, it is crashing at the same BUG despite the __init being off.

It is crashing on "insmod" before any attempt is made to actually run
any of
the code except possibly the init function and without any debug messages
that I can catch other than the BUG itself. Could it be related to module
size? is there a limit?

This is definitely size related - as soon as the size of module.ko on
disk gets above 8191 bytes the crash happens. I have tested this by
declaring a dummy constant array within the module so by playing with
the size of the array I can change the object size without changing
anything else.

Can you do a "m68k-uclinux-size" on the module?
(One that causes a crash that is)

I tried something simple like building fat.ko and loading that:

38320 342 28 38690 9722 romfs/lib/modules/2.6.37-rc4-00243-g164fb21/kernel/fs/fat/fat.ko

The file itself is 53736, and I don't see any crash (on a 5208evb,
current git tree, also configured for SLUB).

Regards
Greg