Jivin Paul McGougan lays it down ...
> On 1/04/2011 9:33 AM, Paul McGougan wrote:
>
>       I tracked the issue back to a change that's been made to uClibc between
> version 0.9.26 and 0.9.27 (so this problem would appear to affect every
> uClinux-dist since 2005?), where part of the makefile rules for building
> shared library code appears to have been removed, namely code including this
> from uClibc/Makefile:
>
> So after some more checking I found that even though that makefile code was
> removed in the 0.9.27 branch of uClibc, I checked a later uClinux-dist
> (20070130) that includes uClibc 0.9.27 and the makefile rules appear in the
> uClinux-dist version of uClibc.
>
> So I guess the uClinux-dist guys added these rules back in themselves for the
> uClinux-dist version of uClibc?
>
> And if so, was this stopped in later uClinux-dist releases for a reason, or
> just by oversight?

It would have been lost as part of a merge of a newer uClibc,  this stuff
always seemed to be a moving target and caused pain during merges.  My
guess,  it got lost by accident and no one picked up on it as it wasn't
being used.

Should be easy enoug to graft in what you had working/have found to get it
back working again.

Someone else would have to confirm because I haven't even looked sideways at
this stuff forever,  but I think shared lib support is/was broken in 2.6 ?
Might be why it's gone unnoticed ?

Cheers,
Davidm

--