I have project where I take new uClinux on a coldfire 5275 dev board
and bridge both Ethernet interfaces together with brctl.

If Ethernet plugged in when I turn on the board everything work just
fine BUT if I turn on board and THEN plug in Ethernet after it has
booted then I can talk to the local address but nothing passes in/out
of the bridge. Also if I power board up with Ethernet and un-plug and
re-plug in Ethernet then same problem, talk locally but not across
bridge.

Doing "ifconfig eth0 up" every time I plug in cable will cause
everything to work.

I play with:

fec_enet_adjust_link(struct net_device *dev) function in fec.c and if
run only once:

static char rerun=0;
if(rerun++>0) return;

 can solve up/down/up issue, but not plug in after boot issue. Not
know how to run ifconfig from driver automatic.

What can do to solve issue to make eth0... Work in bridge after plug
in/out Ethernet all by itself?

Regards,

Nunya Si