On Sunday 21 August 2011 07:59:20 Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 01:50:30AM +0200, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
> > i would like to try a connected Dallas DS1307 rtc to the i2c bus of a
> > coldfire 5307. I am using a main line kernel 2.6.36.2, but i don't see
> > any "coldfire" i2c bus driver. What driver i should look for ? What
> > kconfig options must be enabled ?
>
> I use a patch for a driver called mcf-i2c for 2.6.29.  I have no idea
> if that has ever made it into the kernel proper though.  Looking at
> Linus's git tree it seems the answer is no.
>
> This of course assuming the i2c on the 5307 is anything like the i2c on
> the 5270.

The i2c controller is the same for all the ColdFire parts.  In fact, other
than nomenclature, its pretty much the same i2c controller as is used on
the '08 and hc11/12 and although I have not looked closely, I think even the
ppc and iMX.  So any of the various i2c drivers for the 2.6 kernel on
coldfire should work (I think there are at least 3), you'll just have to make
sure the addresses for the i2c registers for your part are correct.