Jivin Pankaj DEV lays it down ...
> Hello,
>
> I am using ARM-Versatile Cortex-R4 platform and I have toolchain build with
> following components? versions :
>
> 1.       GNU GCC : 4.6.3 20120301
> 2.       GNU Binutils - 2.20.51.20100809
> 3.       uClibc-nptl-0.9.33-66
>
> To build the user application binary (FLAT), I downloaded the
> following(latest) version of ELF2FLT package from
> http://blackfin.uclinux.org/git/?p=users/vapier/elf2flt.git;a=summary
>
> 2011-04-04
>
>       David McCullough
> <http://blackfin.uclinux.org/git/?p=users/vapier/elf2flt.git;a=search;s=David+McCullough;st=author>
>

>       The GNU linker uses -v as a shortcut to --version,...
> <http://blackfin.uclinux.org/git/?p=users/vapier/elf2flt.git;a=commit;h=40f0d175e0847d922faa85cc18ec01f2129bb2b9>

My only question is why you are using the blackfin version of elf2flt for
an ARM system ?  It may be fine,  I don't really know,  but its primary
purpose would be blackfind support I suspect ;-)

I haven't played with elf2flt for a long time,  but there are working ARM
toolchains out there with elf2flt included.  Build your ARM tool chain, then
try this version of elf2flt:

        http://cvs.uclinux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/elf2flt/

Otherwise,  hopefully someone on the list is currently using something and
can help you,

Cheers,
Davidm

--