Hi there.. in order to keep on top of things I'm looking at the idea of
upgrading over to the latest 3.1.7 release so that I can get the new caching
technology into motion..;)

Is my existing data usable on the new release or do I have to reindex
everything all over again?  This would take over a week and I'm not too fond
of that idea...<smiles>

According to the documentation on caching it stores an array similar to
Squid on the drive after running splitter.  Does this mean that I can use my
existing database (multi-crc32 on MySQL) and simply change the mode to cache
and update my frontend?

Thanks,

Paul Stewart