Arturo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> THE FIRST QUESTION:
>
> Now after indexing my document with this command
>
>  ./indexer -i -u http://132.248.104.3/home/httpd/html/manual/artus1.html
>
> I have a problem, the Udm Statistics (using indexer -S) displays the
> following:
>
> Status    Expired      Total
>    -----------------------------
>          0          2          2 Not indexed yet
>        404          0          1 Not found
>    -----------------------------
>      Total          2          3
>
> and the "artus1.html" is the file not found.  When I see the record of
> this file in Postgresql the contents (text) of this file is not recorded,
> just the URL field.
>
> I know that the status 404 means  "Not found" (there was references to
> URLs that do not exist), but I don't understand why this happens.  In
> fact, "artus1.html" is a copy of a file (a HTML system file) that is
> correctly indexed.
>
> I have proved with some other html files but the results are the same.
>
> I don't know whether some parameter(s) of the "indexer.conf" must be
> changed, if so which should I modify or verify ?

Check that thos document is really exist (using browser). If it does try
this:

./indexer -am -u http://132.248.104.3/home/httpd/html/manual/artus1.html

   The command above turns indexer to reindex this page.  Probably this
page
appeared in the database BEFORE it appeared on your web site.

> THE SECOND QUESTION:
>
> Udmsearch is able to read XML files ? the question arises because we
> pretend to add some fields that html DOES NOT allow to add, so that we
> could be able to do a search over some selected fields.

Not, it is not able.