I use the command "screen" for everything... including standard log ins...
It's SERIOUSLY useful... including the ability to disconnect terminals,
reconnect them, and if your telnet session accidentally dies [for eg, your
NT workstation blue screens...], you can get back anythign you WERE doing,
since they never got the HUP signal...

Gary (-;