Author: Zenon Panoussis
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:

If MirrorRoot is specified in indexer.conf,
mnogosearch copies the files it indexes to
directories such as mirror_root/http/domain/dir .
I can see three possible improvements in the
mirroring behaviour. The first two should be easy
to fix, while the third is more of a long-term
improvement:

1. The ../http/.. directory could be eliminated.
   Not only is it unnecessary, but it also gives
   an ugly directory structure if you would want
   to actually make the mirror accessible to
   outsiders.
2. Only files that are actually indexed are
   mirrored. This is very sensible for indexing
   purposes, but it defeats other possible uses
   of a mirror, such as backup or protection of
   a site from being forcefully taken down. There
   should be a MirrorAll command to override the
   Allow and Dissallow commands and force *all*
   files to be mirrored, while the Allow and
   Disallow commands still apply to what is
   actually indexed.
3. If the indexer can be used as a combined
   mirroring and indexing tool, then functionality
   could be added to translate internal absolute
   links to either relative links or translated
   links.  E.g., if I would index and mirror the
   mnogosearch site , the indexer could translate
   all http://search.mnogo.ru/whatever links in
   the mirrored pages to /whatever or to
   http://mysite/mirrors/whatever. I suspect that
   lots of the code for this could be taken from
   the wget code.

Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=750>