Author: Zenon Panoussis
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:

> I have built my index using this:

> HTDBDoc \
> SELECT concat( \
> [etc]
> FROM jobsadvertised \
> WHERE job_id='$1' and to_days(now()) - to_days(job_inp_dte) <= '$2' and site_type
>= '$4' and job_location = '$3' and job_type = '$5'

> How do I pass the required values to indexer from my browser.
> I.e, how will it know what $1 is etc...

This means that you have created your tables and that you are
not using search.cgi, but are writing your own search scripts
too. Well then you should look at the Perl DBI module and try
something like

*******
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use DBI;
use CGI ':standard';
use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser';
$CGI::POST_MAX=300;

my ($query) = @_;
import_names('R');

print header();
print [insert your HTML here]
my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT \"%$R::job%\"  FROM \"$R::table\"  WHERE parameter =
\"$R::search_term\"  AND other_parameter LIKE \"%$R::other_term%\" GROUP BY
what_you_want");
$sth->execute();
while (my $ref = $sth->fetchrow_hashref()) {
  print "$ref->{'job'}","<br>\n";
}
print [more HTML]
$sth->finish();
$dbh->disconnect();
print end_html();

*******

You call this jobs.cgi. Then you create a search form in plain
HTML with action=/cgi-bin/jobs.cgi where you name the input
fields. The names that you have given to those input fields
will be passed to the script in the form R::name and go straight
where you want them.

Note that the above example is just a very quick adaptation of
something I had ready, so it will most probably not work as it
is. In any case, for this kind I things you might be screaming
in wrong forum. You'd probably be better off asking questions
in the apropriate database and/or perl module mailing lists.

Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=1341>