Mw. Ssemakula,
This is the work of KAP.This eating and cutting off of peoples limbs started right from Luwero. It has since been the trade mark of the NRA/M wherever they are. Be it Congo or The Rwenzori mountains.

You must also realise that this is from the new vision ,an NRA/M mouth piece, and the Monitor was partly cut down to size to allow the New Vision this monopoly of the war front news reporting -(read propaganda).
Rgds


Gook





----Original Message Follows----
From: "J Ssemakula" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ugnet_: Vukoni - Kony Eats People. Is it the culture of the region?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:03:09 +0000



_________________________________________________________________
Choose an Internet access plan right for you -- try MSN! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp
--- Begin Message ---
By Dennis Ojwee

JOSEPH Kony�s Lord�s Resistance Army (LRA) massacred
34 civilians using pangas and sticks at Biwang near
Gere-gere, Omot sub-county, Agago county in Pader
district on Tuesday night.

A witness said one of the dead was chopped into pieces
and put in a big pot to be cooked.
The rebels wanted the villagers to eat the body parts
as a punishment for allowing one of their captives to
escape into Lalur-Onywal village with their gun.
Fortunately, the UPDF arrived in armoured cars and
dispersed the rebels.
The UPDF overall intelligence officer for the northern
operations against Kony, Lt. Col. Charles Otema
-Awany, told journalists in his Gulu office on Tuesday
that the motive of the massacre had not been
established. He said the rebels were about 30.
This brings to 49, the number of civilians massacred.
Eight were killed using pangas and others
beaten into �pulp� by the LRA before and soon after
Joseph Kony ordered mass killing of the Acholi on
October 20 in a message intercepted by the UPDF.
Kony ordered the massacre of the Acholi starting with
his own relatives in Palaro parish, Odek sub-count! y in
Omoro, east of Gulu town.
On the same day, the LRA killed eight civilians by
hitting them on the heads at Coo-Pil.
Two more civilians were killed at Corner Ojaa, about
60km on Gulu-Moroto road, 4km to Acet camp in Odek
sub-county in Gulu. The two were said to be students
of Pajule Technical School, Aruu county in Pader.
Following the massacre in Pader, local security
sources said one rebel escaped with a gun and the
rebels trailed him to his village at Biwang. Rebels
also killed a pastor at Lalogi recently.
The army spokesman, Maj. Shaban Bantariza, said the
army had asked civilians to leave the villages and go
to areas with UPDF protection to avoid such killings
by the LRA, but that the plan had been bogged down by
some area MPs in Pader.
He said the MPs were advising civilians against moving
into safe camps.
In July, the rebels killed 52 civilians at Mucwini in
Kitgum on similar claims that some rebels! had fled to
the villages with guns.

Published on: Thursday, 24th October, 2002
 


Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.� Join now! Click Here --- End Message ---

Reply via email to