Museveni is reported to have said sometime ago:

"Ensi egula mirambo", which is not too far from Amin's:

"In any country there must be people who have to die. They are the sacrifices any nation has to make to achieve law and order.''

----Original Message Follows----
From: Owor Kipenji <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ugnet_: QUOTES OF A TYRANT(May His Soul Rest in Peace!)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:26:51 +0100 (BST)
Quotes of a TyrantProbably the most famous quote by Idi Amin Dada was in 1976 at the time his government had killed nearly a half-a-million Ugandans.
Commenting on the mass murders, the despot said casually: "In any country there must be people who have to die. They are the sacrifices any nation has to make to achieve law and order.''Some famous quotes attributed to the dictator from the Internet :
When asked to describe himself, he said: "I myself consider myself the most powerful figure in the world."
---------------------------------
On what he preferred being called: "His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al Hadji Dr. Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."
---------------------------------
On what he thinks others said about him: "People often mistake what I say for what I am thinking."
---------------------------------
On what he did to his perceived political enemies: "I ate them before they ate me."
---------------------------------
In an interview with a journalist: "I have also eaten human meat. It is very salty. Even more salty then leopard meat.''
---------------------------------
When asked by Queen Elizabeth what else he would be doing in London: "Buying size 13 shoes, very hard to get in Uganda."
---------------------------------
On whether he missed Uganda: "I miss Ugandan food. I miss my many friends. When I was president I used to go out in the evening with my friends, former boxing partners or the lads from the national football team. I loved to go dancing like an ordinary person. I'm first and foremost a boxing champion, as you know."
---------------------------------
Some of his memorable speeches include one after a luncheon hosted by the Queen in London in his honour, Idi Amin had this to say for his vote of thanks. "Mr Queen, Sir, Horrible Ministers, invented guests, ladies under gentlemen. I thank the Queen very plenty for what he has done to me. I tell you, I have eaten so much that I am now fed up with malicious meal.
Before I continue, I would kindly ask you to open the windows so that the climate may get in plenty. But before I go back I must invert Mr Queen to my country and I can assure you, Mr Queen that when you come, I shall revenge to you. You will eat a full cow and I will work very difficult to make sure that you will come back with a very full stomach.
For now I am sorry that I have just made a short call on you. The next time I will make a long one possible for a full moon. Thank you for letting me undress you in front of all the disgusting people."
---------------------------------
And from quotes in The Guardian July 24, 2003, also found on the Internet:
On liberty: "In communist countries you do not feel free to talk, there is one spy for every three people. Not here. No one is afraid here. It's like Uganda girls. I tell them to be proud, not shy. It's no good taking a girl to bed if she is shy. Do you get my point?''
To Nixon after cuts in US aid to Uganda: "My dear brother, it is quite true that you have enough problems on your plate, and it is surprising you have the zeal to add fresh ones. At this moment you are uncomfortably sandwiched in that uncomfortable affair (Watergate), I ask almighty God to solve your problems. We Ugandans hope that the great United States of America does not continue to use its enormous resources, especially its military might, to destroy human life on earth.''
On gender and productivity: "Women should not sleep while men are working. Even prostitutes can do some work, reporting subversives.''Comments\Views about this article
Copyright ©2002, Nation Media Group Ltd. All rights reserved.
Front Page | News | Comment | Letters | Sports | Cutting Edge | Feedback

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* -------------------------------------------- This service is hosted on the Infocom network http://www.infocom.co.ug