Kasangwawo

From: "Mulindwa Edward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ugnet_: IN DEFENCE OF MUNIINI MULERA Responding to Mwami Kironde's Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:04:26 -0400

Mwaami Kironde

I am very sorry for you have decided to twist my posting to your usual two liners, and this was not the purpose when I responded to Mwaami Ssemakula's posting. First of all I think that if you see that I have come in the defence of my neighbour Munini Mulera, that should be enough to tell you that I have seen that we are taking a wrong road, and Mwami Ssemakula's posting was doing nothing but exactly that. For as you are stating in your own posting, Uganda society has a community, and that community makes decisions depending on what has happened to it, or to what has been done to it. Let us go back to Uganda's history.
Have you ever wondered why Obote is the most powerful politician in Uganda today? I mean doesn't it bother you why a man who was over thrown out of power some 20 plus years ago, is still very powerful in Uganda politics today? NRM has made it a point to fight him not factually but by tarnishing his name. You as a member of fednet know full well how DP has used federalism to get the Buganda vote, and they have done that by not discussing federalism but by attacking UPC and Obote day in and day out. As we speak today, Federalists are eating crow, but Obote is still in exile and very quite. When NRM came to power, they knew full well that if they put a free election in Uganda, Ugandans were going to elect several UPC members, so they went into the log book and got a new chapter, let us attack UPC morally and then put all elections in the public. For the record, the reason why NRM's first election was to stand behind your candidate, was to see who will elect a UPC member, and then as in Luwero NRM would come at night and kill you. It was to pin point. It is amazing that to today Obote has more supporters in Uganda than any other political leader. If you do not believe me put a free and fair election in Uganda today and you will be amazed, infact even NRM knows this that is why we will never have a democratic election untill when Museveni gets a kidney stone problem.

But it is important for you Mwaami Kironde to understand that this is not due to the hard work of Obote, it is due to the trust Ugandans have in the man. Go home and ask Ugandans, why they go to Kampala road and sing UPC when they know that they are going to be shot by NRM at spot. They will tell you that the man is worth the trust. So population is a very important factor in our nations. You can do good and the population will never forget, you become a killer and population will never forget. And that is why my reasoning last night to Mwami Ssemakula was very simple, if Mwaami Muniini Mulera is wrong, we do not need Mwami Ssemakula to defend Buganda. For the jury of the Ugandan society is out there, and if Buganda has been part and parcel in the sufferings of the population in Northern Uganda, trust me Northerners know. And I can add this as well that if Buganda has been suffering together with the North, Buganda can even make a long term political understanding with North, even in things like federalism creation. But if we got a killer in Kampala and we joined the calling our fellow Ugandans "Biological substance" those are facts which will never go away, and the departure of Museveni will only tell us how much damage we have done to our selves and our nation. So do not even bother defending Buganda, Buganda's defence is only one. Her actions when Ugandans are buried day and night.

Let me move quickly, you of all people in these forums know me as a person who respects the dead, and I have gone out of my way to see that Ugandans are buried with respect as much as possible. But one mistake I do not do, I do not clean up people's names. When any body dies his actions go with him. And we must be very careful that we do not turn the respect of the dead into covering the killers. Here I come to your sentence and I quote " As a politician, and am sure you have a handful following in your community, what would be the intention of portraying the late Cardinal Nsubuga as a murderer?"
Mwaami Kironde you are destroying this discussion, for what many people in these forums do when they read such a statement, is to make only one decision. I am not going to be involved into such nonsense, then we in essence loose what we would have learned. Yes I know many of our members who just said, we have enough things to do with our time forget Uganda forums for there is nothing good we can get out of it.
Kironde is Matek portraying cardinal Nsubuga as a murderer? Of what value is it to Matek? Cardinal Nsubuga for the record is dead and was buried. What value would it be of Matek to attack this man? In all Ugandans who have played a part in our politics, why did he only comment about Nsubuga? Why not other Baganda, even those who were KYs? Why Cardinal Nsubuga?

Mwaami Kionde Cardinal Nsubuga played a very big part into the creation of the killer government we have in Uganda. In fact one of the reason why your government has refused us as Luwerorians to have a free and independent inquirely on who killed our people, is the protection of Cardinal Nsubuga's name. For the killers who were murdering Ugandans were being trained in Nsubuga's own ranch and Uganda's know it and you your self know it. Mwaami Kironde, one of the conditions that Nsubuga gave to Museveni for his support to the war on Uganda government, was to make sure that the Catholic church gets a hand into the Mengo administration. Mwaami Kironde we today have for the first time a Catholic as a Katikiro of Buganda and appointed directly by Museveni. All previous Katikiro's have never been appointed by a central government, and have all been Protestants. My question to you, what was cardinal Nsubuga's thinking? That he people trained in his farm were going to work with Oxfam to supply corn?
For the record I have a more detailed information on the involvement of Cardinal Nsubuga into the building of NRM, and I have not posted it all along for the respect of the dead. Mwaami Kironde Nsubuga was a killer and Ugandans know it for a fact. In fact you as an NRM member know it too except that you are playing dam for you think every body is sleeping. That is dangerous game you are re playing, with the Ugandan society.

And lastly let me again quote you "Stop diverting your own atrocities on your own kin and then blame it to Buganda or the catholic community." Mwaami Kironde, do you think that was a fair statement to not only make about your fellow netter, but post in a public forum?

I think I have rumbled enough.

Em

The Mulindwas Communication Group "With Yoweri Museveni, Uganda is in anarchy" Groupe de communication Mulindwas "avec Yoweri Museveni, l'Ouganda est dans l'anarchie" ----- Original Message ----- From: Ed Kironde To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 12:43 PM Subject: RE: ugnet_: Re: [Ugandacom] IN DEFENCE OF MUNIINI MULERA

There is no way the suffering in Northern Uganda would have continued for now 18 years if some elements within some of our fellow citizens in Buganda (yes including the Late Cardinal Nsubuga) were not in cohorts with the NRM murderers to eat and destroy Uganda. This is a bitter fact. Matekopoko

This is the most bizarre statement so far. If you have failed to blame Joseph Kony for slaughtering Ugandans in the northern part of the country and now in Teso, then you shift the blame on a dead respected leader in our society, we have a lot of work to do. Blaming Buganda for the slaughter of the Acholi seems to be the official stand of the UPC leadership – even when Obote writes about the LRA rebels he puts the word in quotes. You guys are seated on the truth and it is only fair to talk to your UPC members to stop the insurgency and do not blame Buganda. Dr Rwanyarare has already vowed to take up arms if the land deal is approved – I wonder how many times he is going to do that.

Matekopoko is being certain of something you know nothing about. What do you intend to achieve by enticing your community that Buganda is to blame for the slaughter of the Acholi people for the past 18 years? As a politician, and am sure you have a handful following in your community, what would be the intention of portraying the late Cardinal Nsubuga as a murderer? This takes me back to my thinking that LRA has been and still is the fighting wing for UPC. Stop diverting your own atrocities on your own kin and then blame it to Buganda or the catholic community. Some of the people in Northern Uganda know what the politicians are doing –blaming Buganda in the day and recruit at night.

You are bankrupt of ideas Mr Matekopoko and regionalizing this insurgency and crediting it to Cardinal Nsubuga is clear testimony to that.

  ---