Dear Uganda Netters,

Here is why I Haji Nadduli is spot on about the
projects issue.

In America, taxes are collected at the federal, state,
county, and city levels.

No one is forced to pay any of the lower taxes (here
lower means sub-federal).

There is a simple solution if you do not want to pay
particular taxes. If you are a Yankee and do not want
to pay Texas taxes: just do NOT live in Texas or
whatever other state you find offensive. The same
applies to other levels of government.

Otherwise as long as you enjoy the services provided
by a given government, you MUST pay all taxes  due to
that government.

This prevents the practice of mooching, which means to
live off other people's sweat like a parasite.

There is no free lunch in America. Can we afford to
have free luch in Uganda?

This is one of the advantages of federalism. It is the
surest way of ensuring that every part of Uganda
develops.

Those who live in Buganda must pay Buganda taxes, but
they are welcome to pay whatever amount they want to
their home districts.

Mary.