|
I think Acholis will be the first to say that them being Ugandans too, can freely live anywhere in Uganda, - it will be reciprocated too that other ethnic tribes in Uganda, can freely live in Acholi if they so choose.
Any Acholi who would object to a Munyoro or Munyankole settling in Acholiland must think twice since there are many Acholis today who call land outside Acholi as home.
In my response to Muniini's article to the effect of Bakiga settling in Bunyoro, Acholi was my number one choice for those encroaching Bakigas. Otherwise where is the Ugandannes if we question who settles where?
The more we identify ourselves as Baganda who live in Buganda, Acolis who live in Acholi land, or Basoga, Bagishu, etc, we further call for the need to review the colonial legacy of of a mixed Uganda with people who have nothing in common.
-------Original Message-------
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2003 04:56:56 PM
Subject: ugnet_: From Acholinet-Very Serious
I still read acholinet from a friend. I happen to see this today. I would like to know what other Ethnic groups in Uganda think about this. I personally think that acholis are too demoralized to do anything.
Lutimba Matuvo what do you think about this? You always say that it is Kony who is not interested in peace settlement. How do you defend this below?
______________
Lukaka, President Museveni have taken initiatives to "Make proper use of Acholi land" on the 4-11-2003, there will be debate in Uganda parliament to transfer "Bakiga Ethnic Group" to settle them in Acholi land. The Government of Uganda by Constitution owns the land in the country including the Land in Acholi.
The "Bantu MP" are all positive and motion will definitely get a majority and implementation will start. This information comes from the inner core in the parliament of Uganda. Public debate will take place on the above date.
Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search
|