This is the most desperate tax the govt of Uganda has ever introduced!!  How can they tax poor Ugandans for owning a TV for UgShs 10,000/=??   Our country will never develop!!  Are they taxing Ugandans for recieving information off a TV or what??  This is the most stupid thing I've heard.  a TV tax???!!!!!!!!!

Govt to tax Television Sets

A levy of 10,000 shillings has been re-introduced for each owner of a television set.

According to the Minister of Information Dr. Nsaba Buturo(right), the license fee to be paid annually takes effect August this year.

The minister adds that the fee will be collected at the time of purchase and subsequently from homes.