In Pictures:ÂTaking cover

Apalling conditions

Tony Ogwang lives with his family at a former starch factory.They have lived in these appalling conditions since August 2002. "I came here because I couldnât stay at home in Moroto County where "rebels" can attack us."I live here with my family of five including my baby Harriet, who is two-and-a-half years old."

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the state."

- Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels - Hitler's propaganda minister