Re: Omuvi okok i Minakulu
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:48:03 -0500

TRANSLATION:

Movement cried (in tears) in Minakulu.

Martin Ogwang Elu
Movement supporters shed tears as 60 of their members cross over and
return
to UPC on January 20, 2005. This took place in gombolola Minakulu when
Mrs.
Cecilia Ogwal who is  the memeber of Paliament fro Lira Municipality
payed a
surprise and powerful visit to Minakulu and carrying the UPC flag high
above
her head, together with the head photo of the former Ugandan President
Dr.
Apollo Milton Obote. Everybody was over whelmed with excitement.

Ululation and calls of support rang through the air and UPC party songs
filled the air with trememdous rumble and vigour.

The Movement supporters who had been sitting at the Rupiny Newspaper
offices
who had not quiet known what was happening were shocked and could not
contain their emotions. Tears just started running like river down
their
chins.

When this reporter asked him that, "Brother what is so bad that has
hurt you
so much?" He replied saying, "I am sure and confirm that UPC will win
come
2006. The name UPC is so loud all over the place,and everybody is just
crossing. I fear that I am also going to cross over. I feel I just
cannot
help but do it."

Translated by: Wacha Opio Oguta.