Army on full PRA alert � Magezi

THE UPDF is on full alert to repel any attack by the People�s redemption army (PRA) rebels, the second division spokesperson, Lt. Chris Magezi, has said, reports Kyomuhendo Muhanga.
Sources last week said the army had sent more troops to Rukungiri district in preparation for a possible attack but Magezi denied any fresh deployment.
�We have not made any fresh deployment. We have enough strength to neutralise the PRA if they dared attack from any position. The wanainchi should not worry,� Magezi said on Saturday.
He said Bwindi, the Queen Elizabeth and Semliki national parks in the west were all secured and safe for tourists.
Last week, the army raided Maramagambo forest in Rukungiri and arrested nine suspected PRA rebels.

Published on: Thursday, 31st March, 2005

Email this article to a friend.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Ugandanet mailing list
[email protected]
http://kym.net/mailman/listinfo/ugandanet
% UGANDANET is generously hosted by INFOCOM http://www.infocom.co.ug/

Reply via email to