Twaleri!!!

The Nkangis are Sold  souls;  to movementism that is.... now that they see things are are not going well in the NRM camp, they too want to coil back to CP!  Nkangi you were there serving Museveni... stop decieving us... with I hear CP delegates Confeference...you man you must think Uganda are a bunch  of fools !

MK

I'm Still CP Chief - Nkangi

Email This Page

Print This Page

Visit The Publisher's Site

Fortunate Ahimbisibwe
Kampala

JOASH Mayanja Nkangi has said he is still the leader of the Conservative Party (CP) until a Delegates Conference is held to elect new leadership.

Nkangi, who is the chairman of the Uganda Land Commission, said the party had never held a delegates meeting to change its leadership since April 1980.

"I must categorically state that only a Delegates Conference of the party can appoint me to any post in the leadership of the party and no other person or body of persons can. As it is, no such conference has ever so pronounced itself," he said.

Nkangi said in a statement on Thursday that his reaction had been sparked off by queries from party members asking whether he was still the party leader or an adviser.

CP was inaugurated in 1980 and held its first delegates meeting when Nkangi was elected party president.

Relevant Links

"Because of the political and legal impediments, which besieged the country from 1981 to 2002, the party, like other political parties which were in existence in 1995, has never been able to convene another delegates conference to enable its membership elect a new leadership. Consequently, I am still carrying the can as the leader of the party until another delegates conference is held," he said.

Nkangi said he would convene a delegates' meeting in the near future so that new leaders could be elected.