Most of you know that the AU has approached NATO for logistical support in the Darfur situation.

On the other hand there has been some diplomatic progress involving the Great Jamahirlya in the matter, in pursuit of the AU's assignment to Col. Muammar alGathaf to work on a resolution, see the articles from JANA's English section below":

Jana/0001 Due to the efforts of the Leader of the Revolution : Important historic achievement by the broad meeting of the people of Darfur, thereby signing Tripoli 2- 2005 declaration
Tripoli /11 Al-Ma/ Jana The continued and concerted efforts of the Leader of the Revolution, for finding a solution to Darfur problem, scored an important historic achievement today by releasing " The Tripoli 2-2005 Declaration" by the third session of the broad gathering of the people of Darfur, which included the Civil Administration, the Justice and Equality Movement, the Sudanese Liberation Movement and the people of Darfur abroad. The declaration was read out and signed in the presence of the Leader, during his meeting with the participants in this 3rd session hosted by the Great Jamahiriya which had also hosted two previous sessions of this gathering, which is the product of a series of lengthy and intensive meetings held by the Leader of the Revolution with major delegations from all parties in Darfur province, since October last year. The text of the Declaration read by Prince alMaqdoum Salah Adin Mohamed al-Fedhal, the Prince of the National Administration in Darfur, is as follows: ) Tripoli Declaration 2-2005( At the generous invitation of the Leader of great al-Fateh Revolution, and his auspices, the National Administration, the Justice and Equality Movement, the Sudanese Liberation Movement and the people of Darfur abroad, held the 3rd round of dialogue 8 -11 May 2005. The parties conducted a thorough discussions on the security, human and social situations in Darfur and the ways and means ensuring the mending of the social fabric and peaceful co-exist. The delegations were accorded a meeting with the Leader, who addressed the delegates , and offered extensive explanations on the humanitarian and international dimensions of the crisis, urging the parties to bear their responsibility to reaching a solution to the crisis, as soon as possible and work for restoring security and stability to Darfur, and in response to his call, the participants decided to :- 1- confirm commitment to ceasefire, in implementation of the agreements and protocols signed by the two movements and the government. The agreements are :- a- N'djamena Ceasefire Agreement 8th April 2004. b- Addis Ababa Agreement 28th May 2004. c- Abuja Protocols 9th November 2004. 2- condemn all forms of aggressions such as plunder, robbery, and kidnappings or any forms of aggression. 3- The Civil Administration and the two movements pledge to cooperate on opening relief and trade routes linking Darfur towns with other outside cities, taking into consideration, the agreements and protocols signed by the two movements and the government, (N'djamena Agreement, April 2004 and Abuja Protocols, November 2004( 4- form liaison mechanism between the Civil Administration, the two movements, and the leaders of the tribes, ensuring to implement these resolutions. 5- The parties (the Civil Administration and the two movements) cooperate on opening routes and travel. 6- encourage any inter-tribe reconciliation to mend the social fabric and peaceful coexistence. 7- The Civil Administration commits itself to play its historic role and neutrality. 8- The Civil Administration appeals to the government and the two movements to speed up the release of the detainees and prisoners of war, of the Darfur dispute ( in implementation of the security protocol, signed in Abuja November 2004(. 9- The National Administration calls on the government and the two movements to urgently resume negotiations seriously and honestly to reach a political solution to the crisis leading to lay down a strong bases for stability, security and development. 10- The Civil Administration, and the two movements appeal to the humanitarian organizations and international bodies to continue support to refugees and the displaced and work to improve their living, health and educational situations. The gathering thanks the internationalist Leader, for his great efforts, and thanks are extended to his kind people for hosting this meeting that included leaderships of Darfur from leaders of the Civil Administration, and leaderships of the Justice and Equality Movement, the Sudanese Liberation Movement and the Darfur Forum Abroad, and asks him to continue such historic role of his . Peace Be Upon You -Ahmed Mohammed Taqad, for Sudanese Justice and Equality Movement. - Osman al-Bashri, for Sudan Liberation Movement. - Prince alMaqdoum Salah Addin Mohammed alFadhel, Prince of the Civil Administration. - Sultan Saed Abdulrahman Bahr addin, representative of the Civil Administration, at the West Darfur Province. - Director Saed Mahmud Musa Madabu, representative of the Civil Administration at South Darfur State. -King Rahamatallah Mahmud, representative of Civil Administration at North Darfur Province. /JANA/
GO TO TOP OF PAGE

Jana/0002 Due to the efforts of the Leader of the Revolution: a significant historic achievement of the 3rd Broad Gathering of the People of Darfur
First addendum Tripoli/ 11 AlMa/ Jana After reading the "Tripoli Declaration 2-2005", it was signed in the presence of the Leader. A throng of reporters of world news agencies, press and Satellite channels also attended the signing. The declaration was signed by : -Ahmed Mohammed Taqad, for Sudanese Justice and Equality Movement. - Osman al-Bashri, for Sudan Liberation Movement. - Prince alMaqdoum Salah Addin Mohammed alFadhel, Prince of the Civil Administration. - Sultan Saed Abdulrahman Bahr addin, representative of the Civil Administration, at the West Darfur Province. - Director Saed Mahmud Musa Madabu, representative of the Civil Administration at South Darfur Province and -King Rahamatallah Mahmud, representative of Civil Administration at North Darfur Province. After completing the signing, they all handed the leader, the first copy of this declaration. Then, the participants in the 3rd. gathering of people of Darfur, addressed a cable to the leader, which reads; " The internationalist leader, the leader of great alFath Revolution, and the advocate of African Unity, Col. Muammar alGathafi, We tribe chiefs, the Civil Administration, leaderships of Justice and Equality Movement, Sudan Liberation Movement, and the people of Darfur abroad meeting in Tripoli, as we address you, internationalist leader, we praise your great efforts in extinguishing the conglomeration of wars in Africa, we also hail your hospitable people, and commend your concerted endeavours to bring peace, stability, and security to Darfur. Dear Leader As we thank you for your care, and providing us , we leaderships of Darfur this opportunity, to meet on the land of great alfateh Revolution, for serious and honest dialogue, with a view to reach positive steps on the path of reaching peace, stability in Darfur. In the name of the people of Sudan in general and Darfur in particular, we thank you and wish you success and for your people progress and prosperity. AlFateh for ever Third gathering of Darfur Leaderships" /JANA/
GO TO TOP OF PAGE

Jana/0003 Due to the efforts of the Leader of the Revolution: a significant historic achievement of the 3rd Broad Gathering of the People of Darfur
3rd and final addendum Tripoli/ 11 alMa/ Jana Then, the leader of the revolution made the following address: " I express my great satisfaction, for this grateful work, achieved in the course of this meeting, any agreement by yourselves will be a heartfelt delight for the Arabs, Muslims and Africans in general, and to the Sudanese and Libyans in particular. We express our confidence in the strong will of the Sudanese people, they are ancient people whom such incidents of these sort, whether Darfur events or others, would have no impact in their social structure. The Sudanese national status, originality of this people are far stronger than any passing incidents. The people of Sudan, are the people of civilization, resistance, and steadfastness, and in spite of what has happened, they should to the world that it is coherent north and south, east and west. This unfolding events, ought to be interpreted, or for myself I interpret it positively, in that it indicates to the Sudanese people's desire to have position under the Sun and on the earth, not a weak position, and to live on solid ground. The desire of every Sudanese is to be reckoned with and not to remain marginalized. I mean this is the positive face. Even Darfur events or the South has positive interpretation and front, no matter how we tried to blame ourselves and be drastic and condemn ourselves for what has happened. The positive aspect, however, is the desire of the Sudanese citizen to live free and decent, decide his destiny on his land and to be a partner in every minor or major issue on his soil. He does not want to be marginalized, his rights denied or remain with broken heart. This indicates self -pride, and the spirit of desire to lead a decent life on the Sudanese soil. With its history and civilization, the Sudanese people must be an example for other African people. There are problems and feud in other African countries, caused by colonialism which created these artificial borders and divided the quarters, the thrones, and torn such natural social fabric of African tribes. However, by overcoming these problems, to emerge unified and strong, the Sudanese people give an example for other African people, who are still suffering from internal conflicts. Suffers from such rupture in the African social map, caused by colonialism. What we want is that the Sudanese people be an example for other African people, in order to overcome their internal problems, with the same spirit and the same strength of this will, as that of the will of the Sudanese people. I always have this confidence and hope in this ancient people, honorable people and great tribes, even when we say tribes, Darfur tribes for example. These tribes have high values and ideals. The virtues of the tribe are far stronger and deeper than the values of artificial societies. The tribe is a natural social thing based on high ideals and eternal humanitarian values, that other societies torn apart and destroyed by the industrial revolution and other related things are endeavoring to create an artificial values that tries to imitate the tribe ideals. Those tribes in Sudan should not be viewed as backward and that the tribe is a backward thing. In the contrary, the social and the natural thing is the tribe, these are the natural controls which are not artificial. Now they establish clubs, societies, syndicates in order to create artificial tribes, due to the need for such social fabric. I hope that such natural social fabric be maintained as well as these ideals and traits, as well as Sudanese brotherhood in Darfur and in the entire Sudan. I am confident and have respect to the leaderships of tribes, leaders, Sultans, Kings and Sheikhs who represent the national umbrella and social terms of reference. I have confidence in my revolutionary and intellectual sons and youth such as Dr. Khalil Ibrahim, and my son Abdula Wahid Manawi and others, and I call, on them to express their respect and appreciation for these tribe ideals and social values and to listen attentively to instructions, advise and sometimes even orders of their fathers and uncles, the Sultans of these tribes to which they belong. In this way, by the agreement which I hope will realize, in the coming stages, all issues in this declaration, we would gain respect in the world which is following up the issue of Darfur, and the world would be dazzled on one hand and would respect us more when it sees that we reached a solution from within by our tribe mentality, culture, and customs, by our elderly and youth. We are able to solve our problems by ourselves and need no guardianship or protection of the world. This is what suits the great ancient Sudanese people. We are in the direction of building the United States of Africa, one African identity, destiny and one African future. These are the hopes and the horizons before us, when we are strong such as the EU and be strong as the USA we would have the United States of Africa, God willing by your strength. God willing, I call the Summit meeting on Darfur next Monday, it has been set for Tripoli, and in this way we respond to the desire of so many of you which I have heard in the meetings, as you say the summit should be here in Tripoli, and we have now in our hands something important now. The summit would be held God willing, on a solid soil by the solidness of your will. Those of you who want to be close to the summit, to consult with you and be enlightened by you, support and consolidate the summit, you are welcome, you are in your homes and among your people. I think it is useful that some social and political terms of references among you remain here in Tripoli close to the conference to seek their helping hand and assistance. Anyhow I am happy by my confidence in you which you have not let down. I am at your disposal, this is my fraternal, national, internationalist and Islamic duty, I am always at your disposal, I hope so you are and I am sure you would not let me down and disappoint me before the world. Thank you. /Jana/
GO TO TOP OF PAGE
The Leader meets the activists taking part in the third session of the broad meeting of Darfur
Tripoli/ 10 Alma/ Jana Great Jamahiriya is currently hosting, the third session of the broad meeting of the people of Darfur, which is the product of a series of lengthy and intensive meetings held by the Leader of the Revolution with major delegations from all parties in Darfur province, since October last year, in line with his response to regional and international appeals for his personal intervention to find a solution to the problem of the province. This was also on the bases of the resolution of the Quintet African summit, held in Great Jamahiriya, October 17 last year mandating the Leader to contact all parties in connection with Darfur issue, and to continue with such efforts until a permanent solution is reached. The Leader convened yesterday a meeting with the activists taking part in the works of the third session of the broad gathering of Darfur people. The meeting which began before noon went on until the evening. /JANA/ 00 : 01