|
All people arrested by the London Police are
innocent and released. Now they have killed an innocent kid, Is this Police
Force capable to deal with this issue?
Em
Toronto
The Mulindwas Communication Group "With Yoweri Museveni, Uganda is
in
anarchy"
Groupe de communication Mulindwas "avec Yoweri Museveni, l'Ouganda est dans
l'anarchie"
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 3:02 PM
Subject: [Mwananchi] RE: Police kill man
on London subway station near site of terror attack
Welcome the Brave New World - the New World Order...these
are the people that would like to make "Africa and the world" free and
safe...but for whom? What if this had been in an African
country...? "Another passenger on the train, Mark Whitby, said the man
didn't appear to have been carrying anything, but said he was wearing a
coat that looked padded. He ran onto the train car closely pursued by
plainclothes officers - one wielding a black handgun. "They pushed him
onto the floor and unloaded five shots into him. He's dead," Whitby told
the BBC "He looked like a cornered fox. He looked petrified."
Police
kill man on London subway station near site of terror attack July 22, 2005
12:28 PM EDT LONDON - Plainclothes police chased a man through a subway
station, wrestled him to the floor of a train carriage and shot him to
death in front of stunned commuters Friday. Police said the shooting was
directly linked to the investigations of the bomb attacks on London's
transit system. Passengers described the suspect as a South Asian man who
ran onto a train at the Stockwell station in south London just after 10
a.m. (0900GMT), and a witness said he saw wires protruding from the man's
belt. Police shot him twice in the head and three times in the torso,
witnesses said. "This shooting is directly linked to the ongoing and
expanding anti-terrorist operation," Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian
Blair said. "I need to make clear that any death is deeply regrettable, but
as I understand the situation, the man was challenged and refused to obey
police instructions." Later Friday, police said a man had been arrested
in Stockwell in connection with Thursday's attempted bombings. Blair
also released photos of four suspects in Thursday's attacks and appealed to
the public for help in identifying them. One showed a man running through a
station in a dark shirt with "New York" printed on the front; another man
on the top deck of a bus wore a gray shirt, and two other men were shown at
separate subway stations. Investigators have been searching for
fingerprints, DNA and other forensic evidence collected from Thursday's
attacks on three subway trains and a double-decker bus, which were
reminiscent of suicide bombings two weeks ago that killed 52 people and the
four attackers. Authorities said Thursday's bombs consisted of homemade
explosives and had only partly detonated. Commissioner Blair said the
incidents "bear similarities" to the July 7 attacks. Witnesses at the
Stockwell station Friday described how police shot the suspect after
pursuing him. "I've seen these police officers shouting, 'Get down, get
down!', and I've seen this guy who appears to have a bomb belt and wires
coming out," witness Anthony Larkin told the British Broadcasting Corp.
"People were panicking and I heard shots being fired." Another passenger
on the train, Mark Whitby, said the man didn't appear to have been carrying
anything, but said he was wearing a coat that looked padded. He ran onto
the train car closely pursued by plainclothes officers - one wielding a
black handgun. "They pushed him onto the floor and unloaded five shots into
him. He's dead," Whitby told the BBC "He looked like a cornered fox. He
looked petrified." Police would not say which armed unit was involved.
Ordinary beat police officers do not usually carry guns, but armed police
have become more common. Scotland Yard police headquarters said the policy
of armed police was to "shoot to stop" when there was an imminent threat to
life. Detectives investigating the most recent attacks searched a home
in northwest London on Friday, and witnesses said gunshots were fired as
police forced their way in. One resident, Venetia Elphick, said police
used her flat as a base while raiding a nearby apartment. "It was pretty
scary," she said. "There were machine guns hanging out
my window." Police said the incident was ongoing, no arrests had been
made and no injuries reported. The Stockwell shooting has fueled concern
in Britain's Muslim community, which has already suffered backlash attacks
because of the July 7 bombings. The devices in Thursday's attacks were
either small or faulty, and authorities said the only reported casualty was
someone who had an asthma attack. Inayat Bunglawala, spokesman for the
Muslim Council of Britain, said he had already spoken to nervous
Muslims. "I have just had one phone call saying `What if I was carrying a
rucksack?' he said. "We are getting phone calls from quite a lot of Muslims
who are distressed about what may be a shoot-to-kill policy." In east
London, police evacuated one of London's largest mosques after a bomb
threat. The force said no armed officers were involved, and the incident
appeared unrelated to the subway shooting. Police also investigated an
apparent attempt to set fire to the home of Jermaine Lindsay, one of the
suspected July 7 suicide bombers. Police said officers went to the
unoccupied house in Aylesbury, 40 miles (65 kilometers) west of London
after reports of a smell of gasoline in the street. They confirmed the
presence of some kind of fuel. A statement posted Friday on an Islamic Web
site in the name of an al-Qaida-linked group claimed responsibility for
Thursday's attacks. The group, Abu Hafs al Masri Brigade, also claimed
responsibility for the July 7 bombings. But the statement's authenticity
could not be immediately verified and experts have cast doubt in the past
over the veracity of other claims the group has made. Jittery commuters
already facing cutbacks in service from the last attack faced more
Underground closures Friday. Mia Clarkson, 24, defiantly refused to change
her schedule. "You've got to keep living, don't you?" she said as she left
the Chancery Lane station after a trip from across town. Newspapers
reflected the city's volatile mood - part defiance, part anxiety. "Britain
will not be beaten," vowed a front-page headline in the Daily Express. "Is
this how we must now live?" asked the Daily Mirror over pictures of the
attacks' aftermath. The Independent had a similar photo montage and the
words: "City of Fear." The Metropolitan Police appealed for witnesses to
give statements. Police also set up a Web site to receive amateur video and
mobile telephone footage of the attacks and their aftermath. Authorities
said it was too early to determine whether the attacks on Thursday were
carried out by the same organization as the July 7 blasts - or whether they
were linked to al-Qaida. Saudi ambassador Prince Turki al-Faisal said the
attacks had "all the hallmarks" of al-Qaida. "The modus operandi, the
sheer cowardice associated with them and the attacks on innocent civilians
- these are all part and parcel of al-Qaida," he said in an interview with
British Broadcasting Corp. radio. ---- Associated Press Writers David
Rising, Jill Lawless and Ed Johnson contributed to this
report. Copyright 2005 Associated Press.
********** Share a Smile!!!*************
++++++++++++++
"Share at Least a Smile with someone new this Season of Love!!"
-- PJAdamz
**********Keep Hope Alive!!!*************
****Internet Solution****
Learning Yoruba can register with Gotrain247 at www.gotrain247.com for a comprehensive lesson. From AfricaService.
Let's Meet there, January!!!
PJ Adamz Abuja Nigeria.
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
|