From: Simon Nume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Peter-Rhaina Gwokto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,The First Virtual Network for friends of Uganda <ugandanet@kym.net>
Subject: Re: [Ugnet] Otunnu alleges LRA secret alliance
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:06:05 -0700 (PDT)

Otunnu is finally saying what a lot of people have suspected for the longest.
That the whole 'Kony' thing is masterminded by none other....
With the Commonwealth conference coming, the 'war' has to end. so a few guys a hired to pose as 'Kony', films made etc etc./

WHY do you think the Uganda govt does not want 'Kony' to be tried by the ICJ ?
Because they would soon find out the truth.

Nume

Peter-Rhaina Gwokto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"But he advised that the LRA must be held completely accountable for the atrocities they committed".

Otunnu alleges LRA secret alliance
Monday, 4th September, 2006

By Opiyo Oloya
in New York

In an explosive session before a larger than average crowd at the UNAA Convention in New York, former UN Under Secretary General for children Olara Otunnu, on Sunday accused LRA of having been in a secret alliance with the Government to commit deliberate genocide against the people of northern Uganda.

Otunnu, who strongly condemned the LRA for heinous crimes against the people, suggested that the LRA and NRM had a close alliance that allowed for the genocide to be perpetrated.

But he advised that the LRA must be held completely accountable for the atrocities they committed.

With the Government representatives led by Prof. Tarsis Kabwegyere listening intently, Otunnu said the genocide was a carefully planned and executed master plan that has reduced a once vibrant and dynamic society to “an existential shadow of its former self.”

The Minister for Agriculture, Hilary Onek, disagreed with Otunnu’s main contention that the government had deliberately targeted the Acholi people.

“I would like to suggest that Otunnu was instrumental in shaping the direction of government and future of Uganda when he was minister, what responsibility does he bear on what is happening in northern Uganda now?” asked Onek.

The minister also dismissed as nonsensical the claim that land was being grabbed and handed over to South African and Zimbabwean investors.

“I am an Acholi, and the land is one of the few resources we have left right now, and I would be the first to protest a land grab,” he said.

Onek added that Otunnu’s presentation was aimed at fanning hatred by making the LRA look like heroes.

Emotions ran high when many speakers were cut off due to lack of time. Government officials later complained that the presentation was biased because it did not allow for equal presentation and rebuttal.

“How can you invite us here, and completely deny us opportunity to respond to some of these charges?” asked a furious Beatrice Wabudeya.

Minister without portfolio Dorothy Hyuha added that there was completely no honesty in the manner with which the forum was set up.

“If you gag me, and expect to have a dialogue, you are lying,” she said.

Otunnu also accused the Government of trying to exterminate the Acholi by deliberately posting HIV-positive soldiers there and refusing to provide anti-retrovirals to the sick.

The above comments and data are owned by whoever posted them (including attachments if any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any way.