"But when the presidential Gulf Stream jet touched down, Museveni did not disembark. Kiir and Machar, together with about 150 official, stood by as Museveni disembarked moments later from one of the helicopters wearing a dark business suit and his trademark bush hat."" Talk about fearing death!!!..did you hear that.. the son of Kaguta emerges from the UPDF army helicoper....The implication is simply.. if you are looking form Musveni in the Presidential Gulf stream, the man is NOT there..meanwhile he is in the helicoper... talk about a coward ..he is affraid of facing what he has been dishing out to Ugandans!!!..death!!
 
second :.."The problem of Kony is a confluence of the problems of Uganda and Sudan," Museveni said. He said Kony was a product of Uganda's gun politics and the chauvinism of the Sudanese Arab political leaders."
This statement, among readers of Museveni's utterances is intended for some countries  western Nations whose  leader  cannot engage in "CRITICAl ANALYSIS" and indenpendent thinking. Museveni wants to, in a move to gain sympathy  from the west, to blame the emergency of KONY on Muslim ..in particular Sudanese Arab leaders!!.. One thing though which kaguta might be correct in pointing out , is this notion that KONY is a product of Uganda's GUN Politics!!!.(.as in NRM GUN POLITICS from 1980 in Mbarara ( when the NRM used to be called  UPM) and todate!!!
 
Matek
 
 
Uganda: Museveni Meets LRA Face to Face

The Monitor
 
Email This Page

Print This Page
Frank Nyakairu
Juba
President Museveni yesterday for the first time met a delegation from the Lords Resistance Army in Juba in an attempt to salvage the faltering peace talks in the South Sudan capital between the government and LRA rebels.
Museveni met the entire LRA delegation in a closed-door meeting at National Assembly House, the home of the South Sudan Parliament. Josephine Apira, the deputy head of the LRA negotiating team led the delegation because Martin Ojul, the team leader, was still in Nairobi after travelling to the Kenyan capital last week.
LRA leader Joseph Kony and his deputy Vincent Otti have refused to join the talks. A Uganda government source who attended the heated meeting told Sunday Monitor that Museveni spoke angrily at the rebels and often rebuked them. The source did not explain the nature of the rebukes.
South Sudan President Gen. Salva Kiir and his Vice President Riek Machar also attended the 20-minute meeting. Machar has been mediating the faltering peace talks.
Museveni later addressed South Sudan MPs and government ministers at the same venue, but this meeting was open to the press.
"The problem of Kony is a confluence of the problems of Uganda and Sudan," Museveni said. He said Kony was a product of Uganda's gun politics and the chauvinism of the Sudanese Arab political leaders.
"Because they did not know the person they were dealing with, in 2002 Khartoum decided to leave Kony alone. Gen. [Omar] Bashir actually tried to promote the first dialogue between me and Kony. But Kony refused to listen to him," Museveni said.
The President praised Gen. Kiir, saying the idea of peace talks was entirely his initiative. "I would like also to salute Vice President Riek Machar. He is a very patient and persistent person who knows how to deal with unserious people like the LRA. If it were me," he said, his voice trailing off in laughter. "We have generally defeated Kony. That's why he and Otti are in Garamba Forest. Do you think they are there for tourism?"
Museveni said neither the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo nor the United Nations peacekeeping mission there were helping Uganda to hunt Kony down.
"That's why we think the peace talks will help us. The Uganda government pledges full support for the peace talks," Museveni said.
Kiir said he regretted the obstacles in the peace process between Uganda and the LRA that were also affecting peace in South Sudan. "Your Excellency, you are visiting us when some elements are trying to undermine the peace that we achieved at a high cost. We will not let that happen," he said.
Kiir was alluding to the midweek attacks near Juba that reportedly left 41 civilians and UPDG Capt. Sam Mugarura dead. The LRA has been blamed for the killings, but the rebels have only conceded responsibility of the death of Capt. Mugarura. They deny having anything to do with the civilian deaths that resulted from attacks on several vehicles on roads outside Juba.
Juba was engulfed in security frenzy in the moments preceding Museveni's arrival. Juba International Airport had been closed late Friday evening, and the lockdown lasted through most of yesterday. Four UPDF helicopter gun ships hovered in the air near the airport.
Relevant Links
But when the presidential Gulf Stream jet touched down, Museveni did not disembark. Kiir and Machar, together with about 150 official, stood by as Museveni disembarked moments later from one of the helicopters wearing a dark business suit and his trademark bush hat.
Also present to welcome Museveni were Dr Ruhakana Rugunda, leader of the Uganda government peace team in Juba, and Uganda's Chief of Defence Forces Gen. Aronda Nyakairima. Museveni inspected a guard of honour mounted by SPLA soldiers. He had been expected to address a press conference, but he cancelled it.
The visit was Museveni's first to Juba since the August 2005 funeral of the late South Sudan president Col. John Garang. The former SPLA leader died when the helicopter that was carrying him from Kampala to Juba crashed in mountainous terrain.


All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.
_______________________________________________
Ugandanet mailing list
[email protected]
http://kym.net/mailman/listinfo/ugandanet
% UGANDANET is generously hosted by INFOCOM http://www.infocom.co.ug/


The above comments and data are owned by whoever posted them (including 
attachments if any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any way.
---------------------------------------

Reply via email to