*Comrade Kalyegira,

Fraternal greetings, and a wish that our ancestors continue looking out for
your good health.

And know that we are always most grateful for the stellar work you do for
our country.

If we had three/four Kalyegiras we would be about to seize liberation just
around the corner.

My point today is to point out that between now and the 'election' it is
imperative that we crisscross the country focusing and  articulating policy
options to the masses of our people.

Again and again I have pointed this out to Compatriots Jack Sabiti and
Augustine Ruzindana.

The point is not to demand that Museveni must go. Let that be assumed, and
we point out how, say, Universal Primary/Secondary  Education is going to be
improved.  Not closing m7's dysfunctional schools.
How to put cash in the pockets of Wananchi.
Where m7 is sponsoring three farmers in a gombolola, we should promise
financing to all that wish to start small enterprises.

Some of our MP's, like Nampijja of Lubaga are totally confused and lost in
hoping that there are some good Samaritan whites out there that will bring
health and development to our people.
How come they are still exterminating Canadian natives here today today in
New Brunswick, Manitoba and Alberta.

It is only Ugandans that will develop their country.

Already the British are waging assault on us using socalled "soft power in
the Education Sector".   Comrades, soft power is more dangerous that
military assault.
We have to be very alert. We cant allow them to steal the minds of our
youth.

The Economy of the Western world, with the exception of Germany,  is
broken.  (USA economy is gone for ever).  They have abandoned both the youth
of colour and the white youth.
It is sad when you look at the fear in the faces of these youths that have
no future.  The ruling elite have thrown them on to a garbage heap.

Instead these Western elite are in a scramble for Africa's resources as
their only salvation from doom.

We have to fight their mercenaries and their running dogs.

The slave master have all their hopes on sellouts like Mandela, Mbeki, Zuma,
Museveni, Kufour etc.....

So, before we march to grab our State house from imperialism and their
agents let's use this time to sensitize the people.

Thank you, and all the best,  Comrade.

Mitayo Potosi
Toronto
=================  *
 America endorses Museveni. What should the opposition and civil society do
<http://www.ugandarecord.co.ug/index.php?issue=69&article=866&seo=America%20endorses%20Museveni.%20What%20should%20the%20opposition%20and%20civil%20society%20do?>
    On the surface of it, the statements by U.S. Assistant Secretary of
State for African Affairs, Johnny Carson on July 27, 2010 --- in which he
went back on his 2005 criticism of President Yoweri Museveni and virtually
declared him the beacon of democracy --- are a major setback for Uganda's
opposition.

The bomb blasts in Kampala on July 11, 2010 give Museveni a renewed
relevance to the United States in its "war on terror".

The usual American blind eye can now be turned to his political repression
at home and the heavy handed way his security forces are dealing with
opposition leaders, party officials and peaceful demonstrations.

However, that is as far as it goes. The United States is rapidly on the
decline. Closing in fast on it is China which is starting to overtake
America in fields that were once creations of and symbols of national pride
and power for the Americans --- the car industry, the Internet,
manufacturing, global trade, currency reserves.

The mistake Ugandans and many down-trodden people in Africa and elsewhere
make is to still view America as the great and sole superpower it once was.

It would be more factually accurate to view the United States today as the
world's second most-powerful nation after China.

What does this mean for the Ugandan political scene?

First, it means that America is in the middle of a serious national crisis.
The economy is still stuck in a recession or has risen just above it. It is
fighting two major wars that it shows no sign of winning now or any time
soon. President Barack Obama's approval ratings are now at 47.3 percent, a
new low for him and the saviour he was supposed to have been to the world
has not happened.

This explains the increasing fickleness of U.S. foreign policy, as they
lurch about for direction and a grip on a situation getting out of their
control. The United States, in a nut shell, no longer knows what to do about
most things. Just to fix a broken seven-inch oil pipeline in the Gulf of
Mexico took them three months.

What Uganda's opposition needs to do is not be overwhelmed by the false
image of a powerful America propping up Museveni, but of a beleagured giant
grasping about for straws and swinging from policy to policy.

The opposition, civil society and the rest of Ugandan society need do only
one thing --- bring the country to a standstill in the months leading up to
and following the 2011 general election, a little like what happened in
Kenya in 2007.

With the situation getting out of hand, the same Johnny Carson will be
hastily dispatched to Uganda to urge Museveni to hold talks with the
opposition, order his troops and police to show restraint in handling
demonstrators.

The weak President Obama --- who is proving to be one of the most
disappointing U.S. leaders as far as Africa is concerned --- will pressure
Museveni to share power with the opposition.

Simple formula. It will work.

END