Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What is the Idea of a Uganda? http://odiyatalks

 Before one sets out to do anything, one has to have an idea or a concept—even
in something as mundane as eating or having sex.

Richard Dawkins coined the word “meme,” as a unit of information that comes to
mind and can get replicated in other minds. Infected with a meme, an individual
or a population then behaves in a particular manner. A meme can infiltrate a
mind subtly and unconsciously or purposely by an agent.
-
-
-
Judging from his staying power and the arithmetic of his followings, it seems
the Musevenian model—a meme of benevolent military dictatorship—is a viable
idea for Uganda. This is amidst the cacophony of tribal memes and a recent
history of bloodshed and instability. However, should stability and some
measures of economic growth be bought with dictatorship? Is the idea of
absolute power in the hands of a single person not fraught with abuse of power
and the dangers of the creation of a dynasty?

In a neighborhood where a neighbor enacts a law against farting, can we rise
above ourselves and define an idea that can propel to greatness, or should we
just muddle along?

Odiya
Just Be--Soko.
A Frienship where we can't share why we passionately disagree is not friendship
worth having--Epstein
Odiyatalks

believed to be clean.