Ten Questions for the White House

By WILLIAM KRISTOL <http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/william-kristol>

Friday, in response to questions regarding the events of September 11 in
Benghazi,
<http://www.9news.com/news/article/296294/339/9NEWS-questions-Obama-on-Libya
-attack> President Obama said this: "Nobody wants to find out more what
happened than I do. But we want to make sure we get it right, particularly
because I have made a commitment to the families impacted as well as to the
American people, we're going to bring those folks to justice. So, we're
going to gather all the facts, find out exactly what happened, and make sure
that it doesn't happen again but we're also going to make sure that we bring
to justice those who carried out these attacks."

The interviewer followed up: "Were they denied requests for help during the
attack?”

The president responded: "Well, we are finding out exactly what happened. I
can tell you, as I've said over the last couple of months since this
happened, the minute I found out what was happening, I gave three very clear
directives. Number one, make sure that we are securing our personnel and
doing whatever we need to. Number two, we're going to investigate exactly
what happened so that it doesn't happen again. Number three, find out who
did this so we can bring them to justice. And I guarantee you that everyone
in the state department, our military, the CIA, you name it, had number one
priority making sure that people were safe. These were our folks and we're
going to find out exactly what happened, but what we're also going to do it
make sure that we are identifying those who carried out these terrible
attacks."

THE WEEKLY STANDARD understands that it will take some time to "gather all
the facts" about what happened on the ground in Benghazi. But presumably the
White House already has all the facts about what happened that afternoon and
evening in Washington—or, at least, in the White House. The president was,
it appears, in the White House from the time the attack on the consulate in
Benghazi began, at around 2:40 pm ET, until the end of combat at the annex,
sometime after 9 p.m. ET. So it should be possible to answer these simple
questions as to what the president did that afternoon and evening, and when
he did it, simply by consulting White House meeting and phone records, and
asking the president for his recollections.

1.) To whom did the president give the first of his "three very clear
directives"—that is, "make sure that we are securing our personnel and doing
whatever we need to?"

2.) How did he transmit this directive to the military and other agencies?

3.) During the time when Americans were under attack, did the president
convene a formal or informal meeting of his national security council? Did
the president go to the situation room?

4.) During this time, with which members of the national security team did
the president speak directly?

5.) Did Obama speak by phone or teleconference with the combatant commanders
who would have sent assistance to the men under attack?

6.) Did he speak with CIA director David Petraeus?

7.) Was the president made aware of the repeated requests for assistance
from the men under attack? When and by whom?

8.) Did he issue any directives in response to these requests?

9.) Did the president refuse to authorize an armed drone strike on the
attackers?

10.) Did the president refuse to authorize a AC-130 or MC-130 to enter
Libyan airspace during the attack?

THE WEEKLY STANDARD has asked the White House these questions, and awaits a
response.

           Thé Mulindwas Communication Group
"With Yoweri Museveni and Dr. Kiiza Besigye Uganda is in anarchy"
           Kuungana Mulindwa Mawasiliano Kikundi
"Pamoja na Yoweri Museveni na Dk. Kiiza Besigye Uganda ni katika machafuko"

<<image001.jpg>>