*From: *edward pojim <epo...@yahoo.com>;
*To: *ugandans-at-he...@googlegroups.com <ugandans-at-he...@googlegroups.com>;

*Subject: *Re: {UMBS} Re: {UAH} 10th Year Idi Amin Anniversary Memorial
16th August 2003-16th August 2013
*Sent: *Sat, Aug 17, 2013 2:48:36 AM

Shaban;

 I hold all our past presidents, except Lule and Binaisa, in equal measure.

 Given their lengthy stay in office, the Big Three - Obote, Amin and
Musevni - should be studied, analyzed and contrasted to glean any common
source of their (leadership) strengths and weaknesses, their enduring
positive contributions in socio-political developments of the country, what
they did to bring Uganda to international standing, and the character of
the country they left behind.

 I know this is all too academic-sounding, but we need to dig deeper into
these three in order to appreciate their respective legacies.

 It appears to me that Amin was easily excitable about new (technological)
developments, and so, he easily put in use whatever technology he laid his
hands on. This could be because he was the decision-maker, and had no time
for bureaucracy, or he actually was intelligent enough to apprecite the
benefits of these developments.

 The best way to bring all this into a coherent discussion is to hold
annual memorials for Amin and Obote, either to mark their deaths or their
birthdays. For Obote, I think May 27, the day in 1980 when he returned from
exile, is most honored among UPC members. So, we could use May 27 as the
day we hold seminars and conventions specifically to debate Obote's role in
Uganda.

 Museveni is a current affairs; we should and will continue to analyze him
as plows along.