Mwami Ssendiwala

Kireka market vendors were compensated, and I have an owner I know that got
compensated. The problem is that many of those that were compensated misused
the money, calling it a joke that they’re not going to go away. If you were
smart as the fella I know you immediately invested that lump sum and this is
not  a problem for you.

Let me add here as well that if you are buying a land in any area between
Luzira and Kireka, much of that land was paid by an international organization,
whether it is UN or some organization I forget, to rebuild infrastructures in
Uganda. In that land is where they were going to build Buru Buru estate, that
estate was never supposed to be in Kenya, but it was diverted due to political
instability in Uganda at the time, when the money was allocated Kenya got the
estate and we lost out. Failing to build it in Uganda does not mean that they
lost the ownership of the land, and with time and good politics,  those
developments are going to show up. Among what is going to be done, is an
expansion of Luzira prison, an expansion of Butabika hospital, and to build an
estate the size of Buru Buru. And that is why although property owners of
Ntinda were compensated, the property owners of Mandela stadium were never
compensated, because all that land belongs to the organization in conjunction
with Uganda government. I can take it further that if you own a piece of land
between Mandela stadium and Luzira prison, be very careful to understand if you
have a real land or a smoke land. The people that were removed where Mandela
stadium is today, never knew that they held a smoke land paper yet they did.

EM

On the 49th Parallel

                 Thé Mulindwas Communication Group
"With Yoweri Museveni, Ssabassajja and Dr. Kiiza Besigye, Uganda is in anarchy"
                    Kuungana Mulindwa Mawasiliano Kikundi
"Pamoja na Yoweri Museveni, Ssabassajja na Dk. Kiiza Besigye, Uganda ni katika
machafuko"