Well, JarFile is a part of J2SE - not too much different from File, so I
don't see any problem there. JarFile type emphasizes that input file should
be in JAR/ZIP format, which makes it easy to guess. Actually, I don't mind
if we have duplicated parameter types as long as users do not complain :)

-- Lev

On 11/30/06, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Lev Kozakov wrote:
> Actually, instead of using 2 File arguments we can use the following:
> (JarFile pearFile, File installDir). In this case, the order is obvious.

Hm, so now the user has to know about the JarFile API?  I had no idea it
existed until I read your mail.

I really wouldn't worry about having more than one argument of the same
type.  It happens all the time, and a little care needs to be applied
when using such APIs, that's true.  However, with today's tools, I don't
see that as a serious problem.  I guess we don't often even have the
luxury to argue about this, as most often, there's only one possible
type anyway ;-)

--Thilo