On 12/8/06, Lev Kozakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unfortunately, the problem is more complicated that I thought at the
beginning.
<snip/>

Let me try to simplify. I'll propose a solution and you can tell me
why it wouldn't work.

1) When PearInstaller launches the JVM for CVD, it will set its
classpath to the contents of the java.class.path system property of
the PearInstaller's own JVM.  Thus CVD will run with the same
classpath as PearInstaller.  Since CVD is in the same jar as
PearInstaller and both depend on uima-core.jar, this should work.  (I
don't think we need to support cases where a user has pulled apart our
jar files.)

2) Stop launching an external browser to view the help file.   Instead
use a JEditorPane.  I know that control doesn't have the greatest HTML
support, but this is only a help file, so it should suffice.  You can
now store the piHelp.html file in uima-tools.jar and locate its
content using the ClassLoader.  uima.home will no longer be needed for
this purpose.

3) CVD doesn't need the uima.home JVM arg.

4) I don't know what uima.datapathchild is.  Do you mean
uima.datapath?  Shouldn't this
be determined by what's in the metadata for the PEAR file that's being
tested?  Or, just set this to whatever uima.home was set to when PEAR
Installer itself was run.

location is.  If we remove the dependencies on that, it will make life
easier.

-Adam