Thilo Goetz (JIRA) wrote:
     [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-25?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Thilo Goetz closed UIMA-25.
---------------------------

    Resolution: Fixed

I've removed the comment and the corresponding code.  The core test cases still
go through.  I do not really understand what the code and comment were there
for, though.  If anybody has any issues with my changes, let me know.

As I recall, there is code in the framework for assigning values to features which tests if the CAS type being assigned to
a particular feature is subsumed by the range type of the feature.

This code was to make that test work in the case where the range type was recorded as a "subtype" of an FSArray, because the user specified in the XML for the feature that the elements of the FSArray were of a particular type, say "Foo".

With this removed, what was happening before was that the subsumes test would fail, because the type being assigned to the feature whose range was Foo[] was just a plain FSArray, since there was no support to create actual instances of Foo[].

I'm surprised no tests have failed.  Did something else change?

-Marshall