Hi,

On our project we are implementing a replacement for the CPE based on OSGI and
BPM Workflows.
We
have successfully created BPM workflows based on UIMA component using a
unique data model for each component in the workflow.

Now I
want to make work our UIMA components a little like the CPE, that's to
say having a Type System for each component in the workflow.
But,
I am a little lost, what I do not understand is how can we sequencially
call multiple AEs/CCs and share the same CAS between all the
components.

In the developer guide of UIMA I've seen that:
//create a JCas, given an Analysis Engine (ae)
JCas jcas = ae.newJCas();

//analyze a document
jcas.setDocumentText(doc1text);
ae.process(jcas);
doSomethingWithResults(jcas);
jcas.reset();

Ok to call one AE, but how can I do sothething like that without problem ?
JCas jcas = ae1.newJCas();
jcas.setDocumentText(doc1text);
ae1.process(jcas);
ae2.process(jcas); // Here is the problem..., AE2 does not have the same types
in the type system...
cc1.process(jcas);
cc2.process(jcas);

How can I manage the Class Loading of my annotators Types ?
How to prevent conflits of types when I use the same Types in two different
annotator ?
Do I need to merge the Types Systems of all my components in a workflow to
build a "global" CAS before calling the process method of each component ?

I've looked in the source code but it's not easy to find how the CPM works, so
I need some help...

Thanks,

Baptiste

Nouveau Windows 7 : Trouvez le PC qui vous convient. En savoir plus.
http://clk.atdmt.com/FRM/go/181574580/direct/01/